Welcome to the APBWeb.
    smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO

Sex sting nets Livingston deputy

By DAVID J. MITCHELL
    Advocate Florida parishes bureau
    Published: Jun 7, 2007 - Page: 1b

HAMMOND — A Livingston Parish sheriff’s deputy was arrested Tuesday for allegedly soliciting a Hammond police detective posing as a 15-year-old girl on the Internet, authorities said.

Livingston Parish deputies and Hammond police officers arrested Wilbur Keith Crum, 48, 35111 Beaver Stream Drive, Denham Springs, at a Hammond convenience store on U.S. 190 East, authorities said Wednesday.

Crum’s conversations with the undercover detective via computer had been going on since September and were sexual in nature, Livingston Parish deputies said.

Crum arranged for the meeting location and was waiting for the supposed teen to arrive when he was arrested, Hammond Assistant Police Chief Kenny Corkern said.

Crum, who worked at the Livingston Parish Jail, is being held in the Tangipahoa Parish Jail on a $100,000 bond, Livingston Parish deputies said.

Crum was booked on a count of computer-aided solicitation of a minor. The four-year deputy was terminated Tuesday, said Jason Ard, spokesman for the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office. “As soon as we found out he committed a crime, he was terminated from the Sheriff’s Office,” Ard said.

Since last June, Hammond police have been conducting undercover operations on the Internet looking for predators, Corkern said. Those efforts have led to 52 arrests, he said.

Ard said deputies don’t believe Crum used a Sheriff’s Office computer because he wasn’t issued one as a correctional officer.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

foxxymomma50 is offline Master Officer
    Those people will never learn!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hey, its Livingston... poor guy needed a break from his sister and wanted some 'strange'...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Thread Information